Last updated: September 1, 2015
MDCPartners (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.mdcpartners.be website (the “Service”).
Information Collection and Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number and email address (“Personal Information”).
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- Cookies are simple text files. They are needed to help navigate automatic log-ins, password authentication, shopping cart functions, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions. Cookies make these functions smooth and hassle-free to the user.
- Cookies don’t search your computer for information. Cookies register the information you provide through your browser. When you enter personal and/or financial information on a website, the cookies store your information, both for ease of use on your next visit, and for ad tracking.
- Information stored by cookies is usually encoded; it is protected from potential computer hackers by security features.
- Cookies are necessary and enhance your browsing experience. Without cookies, you would have to reenter all of your information every time you revisited a site. A cookie will simply remember your information on the website to save you time.
- Cookies only store the information you provide. A cookie cannot “grab” your email address. A cookie can store your email address on the website—if you have typed in your email address; a cookie stores all information you voluntarily give when you visit a website.
- Cookies themselves contain very little information other than the URL of the website that created the cookie. Because there is so little information, a cookie can’t be used to identify you by name or other personal information. However, advances in technology have seen an increase in how companies can manipulate cookie information to create a profile of your web surfing habits. Again, this is a profile of a particular consumer’s surfing habits and product preferences, there is no name (your name) attached to the profile.
- Cookies are harmless. They cannot introduce viruses on your computer.
- Cookies are not the same thing as Spyware. A cookie stores your website surfing information; Spyware stores your Internet surfing information (every site you visit).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights in our Service and in the material published on it, including without limitation, all documents, files, text, logos, images, video files, graphics, trademarks, and code contained in it and in this Service’s general “look and feel”, is owned by MDCPartners or our external partners. These works are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved. All MDCPartners images, logos, and trademarks may not be used or reproduced without our prior written consent.
Links to Other Websites
Links to This Website
You may not link to our home page with first obtaining our prior written consent. Following such consent any such link must be presented in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.