Our next meeting will happen in London this month: MDCPartners will present at the 9th Annual Patient Recruitment and Retention Summit 2017, which will take place in the London Marriott Hotel Kensington during 21-23 February 2017. Hot topics during this meeting:
- What role does clinical research have on patients?
- How to make trials more valuable for patients?
- New regulations and the impact on clinical trials
- Developing a robust clinical trial recruitment and retention strategy
- What makes a good feasibility process?
- How to keep the site staff motivated and engaged?
Click here to request the full event agenda.
Utilizing Big Data to Enhance Patient Recruitment
On Wednesday 22 February 2017 at 11:45 AM MDCPartners’ Strategic Analyst in Oncology, Dr Jonathan Crowther, will talk about:
The path to clinical trial success is burdened with underperforming site selection, poor patient recruitment and frequent delays. Such barriers result in failures to meet targets and dwindling statistical significance. Comprehensive planning via a feasibility survey can alleviate these issues however, it has been suggested that the accuracy of a survey may be below 10%. As big data becomes more applicable in the clinical trial setting, capitalizing on the wealth of publicly available clinical data is essential. The clinical business intelligence platform ta-Scan semantically links trial, investigator and site information to provide a robust feasibility analysis to help address the following questions:
- Estimation of appropriate patient cohorts
- Key Opinion Leaders in the field
- Competing and historic trials across the therapeutic area
- Suitable geographic setting for a trial
- IRB and timing issues that may affect trial start-up
Join us in London
Would you like to join us in London this month to learn more about how to leverage big data for patient recruitment or to see how our real-world data evidence solutions can help with clinical trial planning challenges? Let us know to arrange a meeting with our Technical Product Manager Kristof Geentjens and our Strategic Analyst in Oncology Dr Jonathan Crowther. Or just pop by at booth #5!